Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wide Awake


I can't believe it's almost the weekend again!! This week just flew by it seems! It has been pretty busy at work this week so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Although, this week, I've had a hard time sleeping. These past two mornings I've slept through my alarm, but thankfully my internal alarm has woken me up both times, JUST in time to hop outta bed, get dressed, brush my teeth and race to work, literally.

Today, I guess everything just finally caught up with me. Lack of sleep, not eating healthy etc. I woke up completely exhausted, nautious, dizzy, chilly and my mind just seemed to be somewhere else. Unfortunately, sick days aren't a luxury when the person I get to call in sick to is....ME! On my mind all day was my bed. I couldn't wait to get home so I could go to bed early, catch up on some well needed rest and be prepared for the weekend. But yet, here I am, it's almost 9 and I'm still up. And I most likely will be until about 2 or 3 am....

Busy day yesterday, long, busy day at work, got my nails done, came home and by that time it was getting late. Still, wide awake and couldn't see myself falling asleep early, I decided to find a nearby indoor pool to go get some excersise with my roomate, Ashley. We ended up swimming some laps (to the best of our ability) and just relaxing in the steam room and hottub after. I figured maybe that would tire me out. But no, my head finally hit the pillow at 4am. After some vigorious tricycle training around the house. Kael, I swear... I'll pump up those tires before you learn how to ride it.

This isn't very new to me though, in highschool I would stay up till about 5 or 6am, and get up for school at 8, or sometimes, wouldn't. My mom recently told me even as a baby, she would have to wake me up in the morning and I would be in-consolabe when she tried to pick me up. I just wanted to stay in my crib, alone.

Clearly I have some sort of insomnia, not sure how severe... all that I know is, I want it fixed!! Life would be so much easier if I had energy and could get a good night's rest everynight!!

Warm milk, doesn't help. Sleeping pills make me groggy the next day. Excersise, nope. Alcohol, nope. Warm bath, not even close. And there's no way in hell that I will turn to perscription drugs. I'd rather not be reliant on a pill to get me to sleep every night, for the rest of my life.

I won't even start on my eating habits, because...well that's a new story in itself. Maybe another day...

On another note.

I'm so very excited for this weekend! Tomorrow after work I'm headed down to Crescent Beach (YES, A BEACH OHMYGOSH!!) to visit a friend and see his new house he moved into. Oh, weather, you BETTER cooperate because I can't wait to dig my toes into the sand! Being from Comox, it's quite strange that the beach just isn't a five minute drive away from any locaton I'm at. So yes, I'm VERY excited.

And again, if mother nature wants to be an angel... Ashley and I are hopefully going to take Kael to the beach, spend the day in the sun, wear sunglasses, flip flops, and jean shorts and pretend like it's hotter than it acutally is. And then complain the whole way home because we were stupid enough not to bring sweaters.

Canucks play on Saturday so I'm gonna put out my themed shirt and do what I do best, drink beer and eat wings and yell at a T.V.

Sunday, one of my bestest, oldest friends is visiting. Hopefully will be bringing a ticket with her for me to see Brooks and Dunn, and if not, that's okay, I will settle for girl talk and shopping downtown :)



So there you go. Look at me. I started out negitive, tired, and gloomy. Spun it right back around to pick myself up with the simple pleasures in life, like great friends, sand between my toes, flip flops and laughing! What would life be like if we didn't have these simple pleasures to look forward too!

All is going to be okay... but ask me again on Monday.



I'm off, to drink warm milk, in the bath, while doing situps. Maybe that'll do the trick.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like menopause to me! haha. You need a good routine, eating right and bed by 10:30 and up at 7. I also need "white noise" in my room to help me fall asleep...a little fan going in the corner. TGIF is only a sleep away :) Night sweetie <3

    ReplyDelete