Wednesday, May 5, 2010

More Crap


Okay...

I'm tired, I'm exhausted and I'm not too sure why I am writing on here in that state, but I am, so here I go.

I can't believe how SLOW five working days go by and how FAST two days off go. I think something is mechanically wrong there. Like there MUST be some hours missing on Satuday and Sunday.

Friday, I went down to the beach, walked along the water, realized I was friggen cold and that the beach is much more enjoyable in the summer. Although I did have a good time.

Saturday I watched the Canucks win at a pub down in Crescent Beach, had some drinks down at the beach. Watched my friend's girlfriend run into the freezing water to win a hefty bet, and was so very thankful that it wasn't me who was swimming at 10pm on a chilly May day.

Let's just say it was a good night that ended up in a scary little hole in the wall on King George Hwy. Haha. Or Boulevard as I should call it now right, because they are trying to clean up Surrey and by switching it from Hwy to Blvd helps right? I just love paying taxes...

Sunday was pretty relax, downtown with Sam, did some window shopping, saw quite a few people I haven't seen since grad. Had a few awkward moments with random people I didn't really know in a hotel room, all in all...still good haha.

The Shark Club really felt like home when I was greeted by people wearing cowboy hats, cowboy boots and generally NOT over-dressed like most uptight city folk.

Too bad I didn't get a ticket for the concert but I was well updated with friends texting, although I couldn't make out much of what they were saying anyways.

Monday came, and I felt very fufilled, pretty happy to be living here at this very moment I'd say. Truthfully I'm excited for the day (hopefully soon) where I can move to a place where I can walk down the street after dark, drive with my doors unlocked and maybe even not have to witness crackheads on a daily basis!! But untill then, I'll look on the bright side, I have a head over my roof, amazing roomates, a job that pays me, food in the fridge, great friends and family who love me!!! So locking the door every night seems like a small sacrifice. Should probably learn how to use that home alarm system though I think.

Kelowna this weekend with Sam, short trip but I have NO doubts it will be anything short of amazing. Poor Roland, I feel sorry for you already!!

Pretty much counting down the days till May long weekend where I get to go home, see friends and family and hang out for four days!! Crazy how much you appreciate family more when you don't live around them.

Alrighty, well it's WAYYY past my non-bedtime. You know. A bedtime. The things people set as deadlines for the time they have to be asleep by, the one's that are never abided by. Ya, one of those. Dirty Dancing just finished downloading so I'm sure I'll be fine falling asleep to Patrick Swayze swaying those hips of his.

Goodnight!!


1 comment:

  1. We can't wait to see you too! Kel & Wayne are getting CLOSER to Vancouver! We'll have a family dinner when you arrive...think Roast Beast or Lamb. Hope you continue to have "sunny" days ahead :) Think of you often...GO CANUCKS GO tonight .... mom xo

    ReplyDelete